Today, Chase and LivingSocial announced the 12 small businesses that will receive grants of $250,000 each through Mission: Small BusinessSM, a grant program designed to increase awareness of the important role small businesses play in local communities. Supported by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, nearly 70,000 small businesses registered and 3.1 million consumers showed their support by voting for their favorite small businesses.
Out of the 70,000 applicants, PlanetReuse was selected!
We are excited to use the funds to continue to build the reuse industry, reuse economy, and expedite the outreach and acceleration of our the launch of PlanetReuse Marketplace powered by InvenQuery.
Participating small businesses from across the country were evaluated based upon their applications which were required to demonstrate a feasible growth plan, creativity, overall passion for their business and the potential to make a positive impact within the local community.
Selected by a panel of small business experts, the Mission: Small Business grant recipients are:
- Bright Power (New York, NY) – Leading provider of energy management solutions that save building owners energy, money and time
- Carmin Industries (Jacksonville, AL) – Veteran, woman-owned job shop specializing in parts for architectural, aerospace and defense, and commercial industries
- Didrick Medical (Naples, FL) – Supplier of the world’s first active-function artificial finger assembly designed specifically for partial finger amputees
- EcoScraps (Provo, UT) – Creator of nutrient-enriched soil from recycled fruits and vegetables, which grows healthy plants in an environmentally friendly way
- Ellessco LLC (Ventura, CA) – Producer of reusable travel bags with inflatable air chambers that protect and insulate liquids and fragile items
- Lasher Sport (Anchorage, AK) – Producer of custom, diverse, high quality, highly functional and great looking wheelchairs, sports chairs and handcycles for the disabled community
- PlanetReuse®(Kansas City, MO) – Consulting and brokering company that matches materials with designers, builders and owners to serve LEED efforts and sustain the planet while cutting costs
- RonWear Port-able Clothing® (Beachwood, OH) – Clothing manufacturer of stylish and functional premium “treatmentwear” for men and women facing health challenges
- Skillastics® (Corona, CA) – Product manufacturer dedicated to fighting child obesity through fitness and sport-specific activity games for varying ages, fitness levels and group sizes
- The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen™ (San Francisco, CA) – The first restaurant in San Francisco dedicated to serving award-winning grilled cheese sandwiches using the best quality local and unique ingredients
- UsedCardboardBoxes.com (Los Angeles, CA) – Firm dedicated to buying quality used boxes from companies and reselling as a low-cost, eco-friendly alternative to buying new boxes
- Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream (Brooklyn, NY) – Creator of simple ice creams made through traditional methods that celebrate the best ingredients from small producers
Thank you to everyone who voted for PlanetReuse! You can learn more here on a link for more information: msn MONEY.