Every commercial project—no matter the size—is an opportunity to include reused building materials. The benefits are clear: less money, more character and a boost for LEED and Living Building Challenge efforts. But finding the right match can be a time-consuming task. That’s where we come in.
Consider PlanetReuse one of the most valuable, cost-efficient members of your project team. We offer insight and expertise on how to incorporate materials into the design, connect you with the perfect materials and handle every last exhaustive detail. We figure if we make it ridiculously easy to incorporate reused building materials, more people will do it.
THE PLACEMENT PROCESS
- You want reused materials for your project, but you also could use a little help. You call PlanetReuse (ideally during design development, because the earlier we start the more we can help).
- We work with the design team to integrate reused materials. Often, we review drawings and specs to provide a fresh perspective for reuse opportunities.
- We provide you with samples, pricing, submittals and specifications.
- You request the materials, we find them. We try to source within 250 to 500 miles to limit the carbon footprint, reduce transportation costs and support regionally-sourced goals.
- Once we find the materials, we lock down pricing and quantities so there are no surprises on bid day.
- We incorporate materials into your specs and construction documents and coordinate purchase orders and delivery dates.
- We provide documentation for LEED and Living Building Challenge efforts.
- Your project opens, richer in character and story. Oh, and you’ve kept a load of construction materials out of landfills. That means you’re also kind of a hero.
Looking to donate materials coming out of your project?
Can't find what you need in the Marketplace or need unique or large quantities of materials?